As well as connecting like-minded Manchester-based young professionals in their 20’s and 30’s, at Manchester Young Professionals we’re also passionate about making sure that they have a good grasp of their financial situation so that they’re able to plan for the future, save money for a rainy day and enjoy a good quality of life knowing that things are in order.
So, with that in mind, we’re delighted to announce a week-long initiative later this month, all to do with effective financial planning. We’re calling it…MYP Financial Planning Week. Here at Manchester Young Professionals, we’ve spent years cultivating a diverse, inclusive network of similar people who are interested in connecting and enhancing their career development, so if you’re in your 20’s or 30’ and want to become part of this group then please get in touch with our team for a chat about how you can get involved.
Be sure to check out some of our past events to get an idea of what you can expect from Financial Planning Week and any other events we’ll be hosting as we end 2020 and look forward to the New Year.
What Is MYP Financial Planning Week?
Between 26th – 30th October, we’ll be giving you the opportunity to have a free hour-long individual consultation with an experienced Financial Planner, covering a wide range of topics. You can register for a session simply by clicking on the link here!
These topics will be varied and will look at all aspects of short and long-term financial planning. After attending one of these sessions, you’re sure to feel much more confident about financial planning and looking after the money you earn. These sessions will be able to cover areas such as retirement plans, savings & investments, income tax queries and, if you find yourself currently out of work, it can be discussed how you can make the most of this time and position yourself so you’re ready to go when you find that dream job.
Our Financial Planning Week was inspired after seeing the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI) host a similar week of events, workshops and sessions. Our Financial Planning Week is aimed directly at you and it’s your chance to pick the brains of some of the North-West’s most knowledgeable Financial Planners.
As young people ourselves, we know that financial planning, thinking about your retirement or considering the impact of taxes on your salary isn’t always on top of your list of priorities. After all, this is the time to have fun, gain experience at work, grow your CV, network and generally enjoy being in the best city in the UK… Manchester! But, thinking about your finances and planning your financial future now is one of the best things you can do for your future self. Not only does it mean you can start building long term savings and a pension pot that can help you when you get older, but it can also help you to enjoy your life now!
Too often, financial planning is thought of as being restrictive but in fact, it can free you and allow you to plan for indulgences such as holidays, a new car or a home. It can ensure that you enjoy life to the fullest, for the longest time possible.
What Can You Expect During Financial Planning Week?
Each consultation will last for an hour and you expect to receive a fantastic level of financial advice. Your Financial Planner will answer any questions or queries you may have about your finances or other financial topics such as tax and pension plans. After this, they will give you an overview of the things that you should be thinking about based on your individual circumstances. As well as all of this, on each day we’ll be asking each of the Financial Planners their top tip on a particular topic!
All of the Financial Planners are kindly offering their time for free to give you tips and guidance. Should you wish to invest in further Financial Planning, each adviser will be more than happy to discuss options to support you with regulated financial advice.
Why Should You Take Control Of Your Finances Now?
As we touched on earlier, taking control of your finances now really will set you up for life. We know it can be hard sometimes to try and navigate through these uncertain times, and with financial advice not being taught in schools, young professionals are simply not equipped to look after their money and have it work for them. Well, here at MYP, we’re on a mission to change that, proving that taking control is really empowering and will drastically improve aspects of your life such as your mental health.
Below are some statistics around personal finances and, sadly, they don’t make for great reading. These statistics show that there is a real issue in this country when it comes to people saving money and feeling comfortable with the subject.
Stats Around Personal Finances In The UK
- 22% of people have less than £100 in savings and investments
- Only 49% of people could last 3 months or more, without borrowing, if they lost their main source of income today.
- A massive 61% of people in the UK do not focus on the long term when it comes to their money.
- Just over half of people, 53%, have a plan regarding their financial goals for the next 5 years.
- 47% of people do not feel confident about making decisions relating to financial products and services such as savings accounts or pension schemes.
If you’re interested in finding out how you’re doing financially compared to other people aged between 18-29-year-olds, be sure to check out the Office For National Statistics’ interactive calculator.
Financial Advisers Supporting Financial Planning Week
So, who are the fantastic Financial Planners who will be joining the team here at Manchester Young Professionals from 26th to 30th October?
- Daniel Foy – Working in Manchester for Mazars UK, Daniel is a Financial Planner and Wealth Management expert who helps businesses and individuals plan for their future. Having worked as a Chartered Financial Planner at Mazars UK for two years, Daniel is ideally placed to help you with your financial planning.
- Laura Bolton – Laura is an Independent Financial Advisor for PM+M Wealth Management based out in Blackburn. For 7 years, she has been helping business owners and families with high-quality financial advice across Greater Manchester and the north-west.
- Becky Sugden – Working as an Independent Chartered Financial Adviser for Gresham Wealth Management, Becky has helped private clients, company directors and trustees for 7 years and holds the STEP Certificate for financial advisers. Becky is excited to help members of our network with their finances.
- Ed Stubbs – Working for Xentum based out in Lymm, Cheshire, Ed has been operating as a Financial Planner 6 years now. He’s excited to impart expertise and knowledge of finances onto you.
- Jade Jackson – As a Chartered Financial Planner for Saddleworth-based Landmark Financial Planning, Jade has an acute knowledge of all things financial. Having worked for Landmark for 2 years Jade is perfectly placed to help you get set up for a great financial future.
Interested In Taking Part In Our Financial Planning Week? Register Here!
If you’re interested in having a free consultation with a trusted Financial Advisor, simply click on the link below where you can register for a session between 26th-30th October.
After the session, we’re confident you’ll feel in control of your finances and excited for the future. Reach out to us online, by phone on 0161 327 1385 or email us at email@example.com.